Our very own Chefs Jared Bost and Scott Bachman are participating in the upcoming Artisan Cup & Fork Competition on October 23 and have teamed up with Triple S Farms, along with Brackett Farm and Rolling Meadows Brewery, to create a signature dish. They were featured on WCIA’s CI Living demonstrating the Bacon Wrapped Potato Bombs they made with Triple S Farm’s bacon. You can check out the video below and keep scrolling for a full recipe guide so you can make them yourself at home!
To learn more about the upcoming competition and the importance of Farm to Table dining visit: https://thelandconnection.org/tlc-store/artisancupfork
What you need:
-1/2 lb. Mashed Potatoes, Cooled, Seasoned to Taste
-1lb. Sliced Bacon From Triple “S” Farm
-1 ea. Cubed Cheddar Cheese
-1 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
-Fresh Chopped Parsley
-Canola Frying Oil
-Sour Cream & Fresh Chives
-Bamboo skewers or toothpicks
How to make it:
1. Combine egg, parsley and cooled mashed potatoes. Leftover Mashed potatoes work fine!
2. Gently wrap each cheddar cube w/ potato mixture.
3. Roll potato balls in bread crumbs to coat completely
4. Wrap individually w/ one bacon slice each and secure with skewer or toothpick
5. Fry in 350° oil until browned and crispy
6. Drain on paper towel, and serve with sour cream and chives.
To find other delicious recipes and keep up with news follow College Chefs on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. Or if you want to see photos of the #RidiculouslyGoodFood that we serve to fraternities & sororities to chapters across the country -- our social media is a great place for that.