College Chefs could've ended this viral chicken sandwich drama years ago. Popeyes? Chik-fil-a? Wendy's? Think again.
No drama here... just THE best chicken sandwich to date. No arguments, no fights, no twitter wars. You’ll never guess our secret ingredient (hint: theyyyrrreee great!).
Chicken Sandwich Ingredients:
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash of Water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- a pinch of powdered sugar
- a dash of baking soda (about a teaspoon)
- a dash of cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- 1 Cup Frosted Flakes- Ground Up
- Pickle Juice from a One Gallon Jar
Chicken Sandwich Instructions:
1. Marinate the chicken overnight in pickle juice. Sounds crazy ~I know~ but it's incredible.
2. Mix all wet ingredients
3. Mix Dry Ingredients
4. Then follow a standard breading procedure, coating the chicken breast in the dry mix, then wet mix and re-coating the as you desire.
Important: Always make sure the bun of your choice is extra extra extra buttered up and toasted. Serve with pickle slices.
Debate over. Enjoy!
*Chicken Sandwich recipe from College Chefs own, Chef Jon Brown, serving at Delta Gamma at the University of Oklahoma!